Tuesday 20 January 2009

Trying not to panic...


Well, the responses are starting up again here in Submission Hell. Got one yesterday morning, as brief and dismissive as they come, enough to cast me into another Well of Self-doubt. In the afternoon I got an email response from a new agency I approached in November - clicked on it, expecting another kick in the crotch rejection. Imagine my delight to find a request for the full manuscript AND my phone number so he can call and discuss it!

After picking myself up off the floor I sent both by return. Now I'm in waiting-for-the-phone-to-ring mode. I know I shouldn't complain as anything is better than rejection, but now every waking moment (as well as a few sleeping ones) is full of self-doubt and anxiety. What do I say? What if I blow it? What if he finds me out - not the sparkling talent he first thought, but some babbling idiot who can't even remember her name?

Oh, God. Where did I put the valium....

2 comments:

Lori said...

Congrats and hang in there. I really hope this is the lucky one for you.

Tracy said...

That's brilliant news. All these requests add up to only one thing - you are doing something right. so feel good about it - and only panic a teeny bit. Good luck. :)