Sunday 9 August 2009

As Truman Capote once said...


"Finishing a book is just like you took a child out in the back yard and shot it."

That's kind of how I feel at the moment. I finally sent off the revision on Thursday and since then I'm like a dog with no tail. In the past I've been left with lingering doubts and fears - symptoms no doubt of unfinished business. You know the sort of thing: waking in the night in a sweat thinking should I have said this? or why didn't I do that?. But not this time. For some reason it really feels finished and it's almost like a bereavement.

Of course, that'll only last until the next rewrite...

2 comments:

Jeff Winbush said...

Congratulations! Truman Capote was a cynical old queen. Celebrate your successes because God knows how precious they are.

Sandra Patterson said...

Thanks Jeff!