Monday 27 December 2010

New Year, New Me...

So another Christmas bites the dust. As usual after all that eating I'm left feeling fatter and totally unfit, and there's a reason for that. Last Spring I sprained my ankle and lost the momentum of regular exercise. Somehow the months rattled by too fast for me to catch up, but all that is about to change. I took a trip up to Waterstones today and splashed out on the new Beverly Callard DVD and a couple of diet related books, one by the guru herself, Rosemary Conley. So with those two formidable ladies to inspire me I haven't a chance of failing in my efforts to shape up.

Does getting fit matter? Well it does for me. I hate feeling flabby; that lethargy affects everything, and worse of all I lose my drive. And I've been plagued by colds and flu this year which I'm sure is connected. The benefits of being fit are having more energy so everything is easier, clothes fit better, I feel more confident. Getting fit is top of my New Year Resolution list. And you never know, in a few months I might look like this...

3 comments:

K M Kelly said...

Well, I'll never look like that - but I do plan on getting fit this spring!

Sandra Patterson said...

Me neither, Kate! :-)

Kate Kyle said...

I've similar problem, Sandra. My weight somehow crept up over the last couple of months (I blame NANo) and now I absolutely have to lose it. I'm no good with diets, so it'll have to be exercise.
I won;t look like that - no way I'm going back to long hair ;P

Good luck with your efforts :)